Purchased with the assistance of The Art Fund, the National Heritage Memorial Fund, Shell International and the Friends of the V&A
Lithograph entitled 'Captives & part of walled city', after a drawing by Sir Austen Henry Layard from Volume II (71 plates), of 'The Monuments Of Nineveh', engraved by various artists, and published by John Murray. Great Britain, 1853.
Lithograph, tinted with one or two tint stones, in some cases with additional colouring by hand, from the second series of 'The Monuments Of Nineveh'. Each plate lettered with title and numbered. Many plates lettered with artist's names.