One of a pair (the other is C.28-2000) of stained glass panels in hinged wooden frame with nine compartments, each made up of squares of glass laid down on supporting panes of glass. The abstracted designs, rendered in shades of blue, yellow and silver/grey, are computer manipulated enlargements of details of two objects in the Silver Galleries.
The glass squares are of mouth-blown 'antique' glass painted in enamels and with etched design filled with lustre and enamels, and with further surface treatments worked by hand (the etched dedication was strengthened with a diamond point, and the Museum has been in discussion with the artist about the possibility of emphasising it further). These glass squares are mounted on larger glass panels held in a hinged frame with nine compartments. The designs were based on enlargements of digital photographs of two objects in the Silver Galleries (silver and glass epergne C.158-1928). These enlargements, rendered in a half-tone pattern of twelve-pointed stars, were digitally manipulated, and the cutting of the stencils was computer.