Plate of lead-glazed earthenware, made at the factory of Josiah Wedgwood and Sons, Etruria, 1773-1774.
Diameter: 24.1 cm
World Ceramics, room 145
Made at the factory of Josiah Wedgwood, Etruria, Staffordshire, 1773-4
Marks: 'O', impressed and '207', printed in brown
C.96-1932 Legh Tolson bequest
Painted with a view of ruins with Wakefield in the distance. Part of a service made for the use of the Empress Catherine II of Russia at the Palace of La Grenouilliere, the "Frog Service". [23/05/2008]